Monday, February 18, 2008

How to Rake in the Cash from Helium

Lately, in reading random posts and articles, throughout the web, I've noticed the people often complain that it is is nearly impossible to make any money from Helium. Well, I am here to inform you other wise. I will let you in on a few secrets of mine that I have picked up along the way. First off, if you signed up for Helium, and decided that you would write one article, and expect to get paid more than a few cents,you were wrong. The key to helium is the number of articles you submit, along with a few other various things.As I'm sure you've noticed that the title of my blog is "Poetry, Money, and More" Yes, I do make money from my poetry, probably more so than most helium users. The secret lies within knowing how to manipulate the system. No, I'm not talking about hacking, I'm simply talking about Social Book-marking, such as Digg, Stumble Upon, and Delicious. These networks are basically, nothing more than a way for you to submit content that you find interesting. And they are accessed daily by 10's upon thousands of people each day. To give you a better idea of just how many people visit Digg.com on a regular basis, let me inform you of this, from time to time, their server gets overloaded because so many users are connected to Digg.com that he just shuts down. Stumble Upon currently has, (If my estimate is right) about 3 million users. Now, let's say you want to make some money, for doing nothing more than writing either a simple poem, or writing an all out article about a subject that you are knowledgeable about. My venue, is poetry, and that's why I love Helium. They not only let me submit full on, informative articles, but they also accept my random poetry.Now, ask I'm sure you know, if you've tried Helium already, that it guess kind of discouraging the first week or so, you check your earnings, and it says something like, "$0.04. Then you look at the pay out minimum and realize that it's set at$25, now that doesn't sound like you'll reach that any time soon, Well my friend, there's a little bit more too it than just posting your content.Just like anything on the Internet, you have to promote it.Helium pays you a few cents every time a new visitor reads your post, therefore, you need to increase the traffic to that URL. In order to do that however, can be an issue if you don't know where to start.Let me give you an example of what has worked for me. Stumble Upon is by FAR the greatest social book-marking programs that I've found. I would suggest, if your struggling, go to www.stumbleupon.com and download the extension. Submit your content to Stumble, and voila, there you have it, you will notice a dramatic increase in traffic. Also, what I have been submitting every post to del.icio.us, technorati, and Digg.Another tip would be to post a blog, and copy half of the article on your blog and then add a link to your helium page so that they can read the rest.I hope this information helps you. If so, leave me a comment.

No comments: